Middle School Songwriting Workshop
Youth Music Mentors lead our participants through our eight-week songwriting workshop. They act as role models, teach songwriting and help youth develop personal skills. The ideal candidate is someone passionate about music and working with youth. We are searching for a person who is professional, dependable, compassionate, and practices strong boundaries.
· Lead a small group of youths through the process of songwriting, collaboration, recording, promotion and performance.
· Work with youth to promote team work, empathy, self-confidence, accountability and follow through.
· Assist with team building exercises.
· Follow all of The Bridge’s procedures, policies and code of ethics.
· Eight Saturday songwriting workshops that last two hours each.
· A two-hour rehearsal/performance.
· Occasional meetings, trainings and community performances on an as needed basis.
Middle School Workshop Schedule:
Mar. 19th, 2019 | 2:45-4:30
Mar. 26th, 2019 | 2:45-4:30
Apr. 9th, 2019 | 2:45-4:30
Apr.16th, 2019 | 2:45-4:30
Apr. 23rd, 2019 | 2:45-4:30
Apr. 30th, 2019 | 2:45-4:30
May 7th, 2019 | 2:45-4:30
May 14th, 2019 | 2:45-4:30
May 16th, 2019 | 2:45-4:30
· Must pass a Washington State Criminal History background check.
· Ability to approach youth and situations with a non-judgmental attitude.
· A basic understanding of music and songwriting.
· Exposure to a diverse group of young people who are passionate about music.
· Professional training and experience working with at-risk youth.
· Using your skills to directly impact the lives of youth in a positive way.
· Joining a team of awesome, caring people who are doing meaningful work in our community.