MArshall middle school Songwriting Workshop
*must be between the ages of 14-21.
This application is for an eight-week song writing workshop hosted by The Bridge Music Project and sponsored by the City of Olympia. By registering for this program your information will be put into the Olympia Parks, Arts, & Recreation registration system. During this workshop, participants will learn how to write, perform and record their own original music.
· Each week, participants will work to complete their songs with guidance of experienced rappers/artists.
· Guest artists will speak to the class and share their experiences as songwriters.
· We will participate in team building exercises and lessons lead by music professionals.
· Our seventh week, participants will record their song at a professional recording studio.
· Participants will receive a copy of their song and a performance mix.
· Youth will participate in a final performance “Showcase” of their song. Each youth will participate in helping to promote their event.
In order for The Bridge to be successful, it is important that every participant show up to all sessions. In order to continue participating in The Bridge, youth can miss no more than two sessions. Transportation is the responsibility of the participant and/or their guardian unless otherwise arranged.
Sessions will be held at: Marshall Middle School (In the Choir Rooms)
(dates subject to change):
· Mar. 19th, 2019 | 2:45-4:30
· Mar. 26th, 2019 | 2:45-4:30
· Spring Break Week (No Workshop)
· Apr. 9th, 2019 | 2:45-4:30
· Apr.16th, 2019 | 2:45-4:30
· Apr. 23rd, 2019 | 2:45-4:30
· Apr. 30th, 2019 | 2:45-4:30
· May 7th, 2019 | 2:45-4:30
· May 14th, 2019 | 2:45-4:30 (Recording Day)
· May 16th, 2019 | 2:45-4:30 (Recording Day)
A final performance will be held at a to be determined time and space. All student supporters are invited to attend.
*After your application is submitted, a member of The Bridge Music Project staff will be calling to do a short interview. All those who complete an application are invited to participate.