The application below is for a eight-week songwriting workshop hosted by The Bridge Music Project. During this workshop, participants will learn how to write, perform and record their own original music!
· Each day, participants will work to complete their songs with guidance of experienced rappers/artists.
· Guest artists will speak to the class and share their experiences as songwriters.
· We will participate in team building exercises and lessons lead by music professionals.
· Participants will record their song in a professional recording studio.
· Participants will receive a copy of their song and a performance mix.
· Youth will participate in a final performance “Showcase” of their song. Each youth will participate in helping to promote their event.
Some Key Expectations:
In order for The Bridge to be successful, it is important that every participant show up to all sessions.
In order to continue participating in The Bridge, youth can miss no more than two sessions.
Transportation is the responsibility of the participant and/or their guardian unless otherwise arranged.
Aberdeen: The Garage Music and Arts Center | Suite 68 1017 S Boone St | Aberdeen WA. 98520
Aberdeen CHAPTER session SCHEDULE (DATES subject to change):
Wednesday, October 30th - 5pm-7pm
Wednesday November 6th - 5pm-7pm
Wednesday, November 13th - 5pm-7pm
Wednesday, November 20th - 5pm-7pm
Wednesday, November 27th - 5pm-7pm
Wednesday, December 4th - 5pm-7pm
Wednesday, December 11th - 5pm-7pm
Wednesday, December 18th - 5pm-7pm
Finished songs will be recorded on Saturday, December 14th, 12-5pm and Sunday, December 15th, 12-5pm (Most participants only record for one day.)
A performance showcase/final concert will be held on Friday, December 20th at The Garage Music and Arts Center at 7pm.
*After your application is submitted, a member of The Bridge Music Project staff will be calling to do a short interview. All those who complete an application are invited to participate.