The application below is for an eight-week songwriting workshop hosted by The Bridge Music Project. During this workshop, participants will learn how to write, perform and record their own original music!
· Each week, participants will work to complete their songs with guidance of experienced rappers/artists.
· Guest artists will speak to the class and share their experiences as songwriters.
· We will participate in team building exercises and lessons lead by music professionals.
· Our fifth week, participants will record their song at a professional recording studio.
· Participants will receive a copy of their song and a performance mix.
· Youth will participate in a final performance “Showcase” of their song. Each youth will participate in helping to promote their event.
Some Key Expectations:
In order for The Bridge to be successful, it is important that every participant show up to all sessions.
In order to continue participating in The Bridge, youth can miss no more than two sessions.
Transportation is the responsibility of the participant and/or their guardian unless otherwise arranged.
Aberdeen: The Garage Music and Arts Center | Suite 68 1017 S Boone St | Aberdeen WA. 98520
Aberdeen CHAPTER session SCHEDULE (DATES subject to change):
Thursday, February 21st - 5pm-7pm
Thursday, February 28th - 5pm-7pm
Thursday, March 7th - 5pm-7pm
Thursday, March 14th - 5pm-7pm
Thursday, March 21st - 5pm-7pm
Thursday, March 28th - 5pm-7pm
Thursday, April 4th - 5pm-7pm
Finished songs will be recorded on Saturday, April 6th-Sunday, April 7th (Most participants only record for one day.)
A performance showcase/final concert will be held on Friday, April 12th at The Garage Music and Arts Center.
*After your application is submitted, a member of The Bridge Music Project staff will be calling to do a short interview. All those who complete an application are invited to participate.