Community Songwriting Workshop
Youth Music Mentors lead our participants through our eight-week songwriting workshop. They act as role models, teach songwriting and help youth develop personal skills. The ideal candidate is someone passionate about music and working with youth. We are searching for a person who is professional, dependable, compassionate, and practices strong boundaries.
· Lead a small group of youths through the process of songwriting, collaboration, recording, promotion and performance.
· Work with youth to promote team work, empathy, self-confidence, accountability and follow through.
· Assist with team building exercises.
· Follow all of The Bridge’s procedures, policies and code of ethics.
· Eight songwriting workshops that last two hours each.
· A Saturday or Sunday recording studio session that last five hours.
· A three-hour rehearsal/performance.
· Occasional meetings, trainings and community performances on an as needed basis.
LOCATION: The Capitol Theater | 206 5th Avenue E. | Olympia, WA 98501
OLYMPIA CHAPTER SESSION SCHEDULE (DATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
Monday, Sept. 23rd, 5pm to 7pm
Monday, Sept. 30th, 5pm to 7pm
Monday, Oct. 7th, 5pm to 7pm
Monday, Oct. 14th, 5pm to 7pm
Monday, Oct. 21st, 5pm to 7pm
Monday, Oct. 28th, 5pm to 7pm
Monday, Nov. 4th, 5pm to 7pm
Monday, Nov. 11th, 5pm to 7pm
Finished songs will be recorded on Saturday, Nov 2nd and Sunday, Nov. 3rd (Most participants only record for one day.)
A performance showcase/final concert will be held on Friday, Nov. 15th at the Capitol Theater.
· Must pass a Washington State Criminal History background check.
· Ability to approach youth and situations with a non-judgmental attitude.
· A basic understanding of music and song writing.
· Exposure to a diverse group of young people who are passionate about music.
· Professional training and experience working with at-risk youth.
· Using your skills to directly impact the lives of youth in a positive way.
· Joining a team of awesome, caring people who are doing meaningful work in our community.